The information we collect
We collect information directly from individuals online, as well as automatically through the use of our Sites.
Information collected directly
We may collect personal information about you—such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.—directly from you. For example, personal information may be collected when you fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form, sign up for our mailing lists, register for events we host or sponsor, submit information as part of certain online services, post comments on our blogs, or otherwise provide us information through the Sites. Generally, the information we collect includes your:
- Name, company name and title/position.
- Email address, phone number, mailing address and contact details.
- Contact preferences.
- Other information related to your request or inquiry.
Our use of personal information
We use the personal information you provide to respond to your request or inquiry and in the ordinary course of conducting our business. Generally, we use the information (including personal information) that we collect online as follows:
- Providing support and services
- To provide and operate our Sites, communicate with you about your use of the Sites, provide troubleshooting and technical support, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, process your payments, communicate with you, and for similar service and support purposes.
- Responding to your requests
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, and consider your request.
To tailor content we may send or display on the Sites, including to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Analytics and improvement.
- To better understand how users access and use the Sites, and our other products and offerings, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations and to develop services and features.
- Protect our legal rights and prevent misuse.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- To comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and/or other lawful requests by regulators and/or law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
General business operations
Where necessary, for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions.
- Anonymous and de-identified information
- We create and use anonymous and de-identified information to assess, improve and develop our business, products and services, and for similar research and analytics purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
Nadine Lewis is a California law firm. We will not rent or sell your personal information, nor will we share it with third parties, outside of Nadine Lewis, for their marketing purposes.
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third party service providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as data hosting or software or technology services.
- Our professional advisers, such as lawyers and accountants.
- Government and/or regulatory authorities.
- Professional indemnity insurers.
- Regulators, tax authorities and/or corporate registries.
In addition, we may disclose personal information to other third parties under the following circumstances:
- Business transfers
- As part of any merger, sale and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
- Legally required
- If we are required to do so by law (eg, to law enforcement, courts or others, eg, in response to a subpoena or court order).
- Protect our rights
Where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, comply with legal processes (eg, subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, or for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Nadine Lewis, our clients and customers, or others.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies and similar devices
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also referred to as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our services to, among other things, track the activities of users of our services, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, to identify when our emails are viewed, and to track whether our emails are forwarded.
Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
Third party analytics
Access and correction
If you would like to review the personal information we have collected about you via the Sites, or request that we update or delete it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party websites and links
Our Site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Our commitment to security
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
How to contact us
We reserve the right to revise this Policy or any part of it from time to time. Please review the Policy periodically for changes. If we make material changes, we will endeavor to provide notice ahead of such changes, such as by email or through a notice on www.nadineesq.com.